Thursday 19 July 2012

PRONOUNS : TO REPLACE A SUBJECT OR AN OBJECT OF A VERB


A Pronoun is used to replace a noun.
Personal Pronouns are used to replace the nouns in a sentence.
I scored three goals in the soccer match.  The coach praised me.
Possessive Pronouns are used to show that something belongs to somebody.
This is your book.  It is yours.
 Reflexive Pronouns refer to the subject of the verb.
Baby birds are too young to look after themselves.
Demonstrative Pronouns refer to particular something.
This is my school bag.  Those are my pens. 
Interrogative Pronouns are used to ask questions.
Who broke the vase?
Relative Pronouns are used to show which one you mean.
The woman carried a baby. She was my sister.
The woman who carried a baby was my sister. 
Indefinite Pronouns are used when you are not referring to any particular person.
Someone is at the door.
Reciprocal Pronouns are used when something done by each person of a group to each of the others.
Jane and Billy blame each other for the mistake.